To be eligible to participate in this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited college or university.*
- Be a sophomore or above while participating in the program and have completed at least two semesters on campus by the start of our program.
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Receive academic credit through your school’s agreement with TWC (or through TWC’s partner institution, Elon University, if your school is not affiliated).
- Have approval from your campus liaison, if you attend an affiliated school.
- Be fully vaccinated prior to your arrival to Washington, D.C. per our vaccination policy.
Your home institution may have additional eligibility requirements. Please contact your campus liaison before starting an application to TWC. If you need help identifying your campus liaison, email email@example.com.
* TWC also considers recent college graduates and students in master’s level programs on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Dates and deadlines
Spring 2023 Semester
Early Application Deadline: October 12, 2022*
Regular Application Deadline : November 2, 2022
Check-In: January 18
Internship Period: January 24 – April 28
Check-Out: April 29
Summer 2023 Term
Early Application Deadline: February 15*
Regular Application Deadline : March 15
Check-In: May 31
Internship Period: June 6 – August 4
Check-Out: August 5
Fall 2023 Semester
Early Application Deadline: March 29*
Regular Application Deadline : April 26
Check-In: August 23
Internship Period: August 29 – December 1
Check-Out: December 2
*Applying by the Early Deadline gives you the chance to hear from TWC sooner and be considered for internship sites that have earlier internal timelines.
Since TWC partners with different colleges and universities, the cost of your participation depends on where you go to school and is often comparable to what you’d pay for the same term on campus.
If you’re not sure how TWC works for your school, contact email@example.com.
Spring and Fall 2023 Fees
Application Fee: $60/125*
Program Fee : $9,700
Housing Fee: $6,570
Summer 2023 Fees
Application Fee: $60/125*
Program Fee : $7,320
Housing Fee: $4,990
*$125 application fee is only for students enrolled in institutions outside of the United States. This covers the cost of shipping materials via FedEx.
We believe our transformative Academic Internship Program should be accessible to as many students as possible. That’s why TWC offers a variety of financial assistance opportunities to help students make a summer or semester in D.C. a reality. Learn more about the scholarships for which you could be eligible below.