TWC partners directly with your school, so you’ll earn academic credit for your experience.
Contact your campus liaison to find out how you can participate in TWC’s Academic Internship Program or sign up here to learn more about how it will work for you.
To be eligible to participate in this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited college or university.*
- Be a sophomore or above while participating in the program and have completed at least two semesters on campus by the start of our program.
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Receive academic credit from your college or university for your participation in the program (TWC does not grant credit).
- Have approval from your campus liaison (or a faculty sponsor if there is no TWC liaison on your campus).
Your home institution may have additional eligibility requirements. Please contact your campus liaison before starting an application to TWC. If you need help identifying your campus liaison, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* TWC also considers recent college graduates and students in master’s level programs on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
Dates and deadlines
Spring 2021 Semester
Early Application Deadline: October 7, 2020*
Regular Application Deadline : November 4, 2020
Check-In: January 27, 2021
Internship Period: February 2 - May 7, 2021
Check-Out: May 8, 2021
Summer 2021 Term
Early Application Deadline: February 17, 2021*
Regular Application Deadline : March 17, 2021
Check-In: June 6, 2021
Internship Period: June 8 - August 5, 2021
Check-Out: August 7, 2021
Fall 2021 Semester
Early Application Deadline: April 7, 2021*
Regular Application Deadline : May 5, 2021
Check-In: August 25, 2021
Internship Period: August 30 - December 2, 2021
Check-Out: December 4, 2021
*Applying by the Early Deadline gives you the chance to hear from TWC sooner and be considered for internship sites that have earlier internal timelines.
Your program cost depends on where you go to school and is often less than the sticker price.
Our fees could be offset by financial assistance or through arrangements with your school. Students typically find that a semester or summer with TWC is comparable in cost to what they'd pay for the same term on campus.
Spring and Fall 2021 Fees
Application Fee: $60/125*
Program Fee : $9,275
Housing Fee: $6,475
Summer 2021 Fees
Application Fee: $60/125*
Program Fee : $7,100
Housing Fee: $4,990
*$125 application fee is only for students enrolled in institutions outside of the United States. This covers the cost of shipping materials via FedEx.
TWC offers a number of scholarships to make your semester or summer in Washington, D.C., possible. You may be eligible to receive funding available for campus leaders, students from diverse backgrounds, members of honors societies and programs, students with disabilities and more. Scholarships are available based on your state or through private funding. Learn more about the scholarships for which you could be eligible below.